This week was an extremely fruitful week for the robotics team.
Each year, our team works during a six-week period to build a game-playing robot that weighs up to 125 pounds. Robots complete tasks such as scoring balls into goals, flying discs into goals, inner tubes onto racks, hanging on bars, and balancing on balance beams.
After discussions about our team’s strategy for our first competition during the launch weekend, we came up with a design that would fit our needs, which is partially seen in the picture below:
With that design came a lot of testing that we had to do to make sure that we could actually build what we had in mind.
The first thing that we tested was a vacuum system that could pick up our two game pieces for the competition this year: the hatch panels and balls. Thanks to the help of people that showed up to our meetings, we got a prototype of a vacuum that worked. The video of the vacuum system test and prototype of the lift system that we designed to lift up the robot onto the middle hab platform can be seen below. Thank you all for your continued support of the robotics program!