It’s Colonial League basketball playoff time! This week marked the conclusion of the regular season for our basketball teams, so they now shift their focus on the post-season. The swimming program still has a couple of meets before focusing on the final preparation for the District XI Championship. They will travel to Pocono Mt. West on Tuesday 2/12 before returning home for their final regular season meet on Friday 2/15 as they will host Schuylkill Haven.
After last week’s postponements of our boys’ and girls’ senior basketball players’ recognition, we had the opportunity to thank our student-athletes and their families. This past Monday, our senior boys and their families were announced before our varsity boys’ game. Thank you to Peter Chiaradia ’19, Jordan Holmqvist ’19, William McKay ’19, and Neel Surya ’19 for their contributions to our basketball program. (See picture on right.)
On Thursday, we took the time to honor our senior girl’s players and their families. A big thanks to Kalli Miller ’19, Sally Hornik ’19, Tori Spugnardi ’19, and Lizzie Stifel ’19 for their efforts over the course of the last four years! (See picture below.)
The girls’ basketball team will travel to Northwestern on Saturday 2/9 for a quarterfinal Colonial League match up. Tip-off is set for 6 pm. The girls’ team next game would be on Tuesday 2/12 in the Colonial League semi-finals. The boys’ basketball team will face the winner of the Wilson/Bangor quarterfinal game as they earned the #1 seed in the Colonial League playoff. That contest is set for a 7:30 pm start on Wednesday 2/13 at Catasauqua high school. Good luck to both teams as they look to earn a Colonial League title!
Here is a listing of our upcoming playoff schedule:
- District XI Swimming Championship @ Parkland High School- Friday, March 1st and Saturday, March 2nd.
- PIAA Swimming and Diving Championships @ Bucknell University- Wednesday, March 13th and Thursday, March 14th.
Varsity Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball:
- Colonial League Playoffs- ¼ finals for Girls Basketball Saturday 2/9
- Colonial League Semi-finals for the Girls on Tuesday 2/12 and Wednesday 2/13 for the Boys.
- Colonial League Finals for Girls and Boys on Friday 2/15
- 1st round of Districts for Girls – 2/21, 2/25 for Semi-finals, 2/28 for Finals (2 teams move on to States)
- 1st round of Districts for Boys- 2/22, 2/26 for Semi-finals, 3/1 for Finals (2 teams move on to States)
Good luck to all of our teams and student-athletes in the post-season!
Remember that all sports fans can receive email or text updates regarding schedule changes or cancellations if they sign up on http://moravianathletics.org/.
Parents and student-athletes can also subscribe to add their team’s practice and game schedule to their online calendar. This is a great way to get instant notification of changes in the game schedule.