Now that FIRE (The Freshman Interdisciplinary Research Experience) is well underway, students are preparing for independent research projects to be conducted during the spring semester. This project is envisioned as an essential part of each student’s learning journey, as detailed in the below presentation shared with our ninth-graders this week:FIRE Spring 2019 Research Project
At its core, FIRE emphasizes original student work that exemplifies Moravian Academy’s mission skills:
- Curiosity – What interests you?
- Creativity – What will you make?
- Empathy – With whom will you connect?
- Perseverance – How hard will you work?
Several students have already begun researching fascinating topics, including:
- Implementation of the CRISPR gene-editing tool;
- The impact of stress on academic performance;
- The health impacts of American football;
- Architecture in the Era of Climate Change;
- Moravians in Bethlehem and Beyond…
- We can’t wait to see how these topics and others evolve moving through the spring!