:On May 4th, Upper School hosted its fourth annual Charity Art and Fashion Show in the Athletic and Wellness Center.
(Photo Credit: Calderon Photography)
Organized and hosted by Shaylan Patel ’18 and championed by senior class sponsor Marian Grencer, the show featured fashion collections from student designers, including:
- Shaylan Patel ‘18, Moravian Academy, whose collection was inspired by Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Studio 54, and the late 70s disco era.
- Katie Hogan ‘19, Moravian Academy, whose collection was inspired by classic eveningwear.
- Sophia Carosella ‘19, Moravian Academy, whose collection was inspired by an antique hat from her grandmother.
- Paige Dougherty ‘18, Freedom High School, whose collection was inspired by classic eveningwear and spring trends.
- Ella Shea, Homeschooled, whose collection was inspired by music festivals, such as Coachella and Firefly
Two cosmetology students from Nazareth Vocational/Technical School helped with hair/makeup for the models. Mrs. Caragher’s daughter, Clare Cacciatore, helped, as well. Throughout the show, Jack Dubreuil ’18 and Jacob Meissner ’18 provided music for attendees.
The event also showcased art exhibits of student artwork, curated by Mrs. Lindsay Woodruff and the Moravian Academy National Art Honors Society (NAHS). The exhibit was a remarkable expression of talent and hard work from over 64 artists in our community. Over 350 works of art in painting, drawing, digital and darkroom photography, video art, sculpture, and woodworking spilled out of the gallery in the Athletic and Wellness Center classrooms into the hallway.
This year, the show introduced a silent auction and fundraising component, and 30 works of art were sold. In total, the event raised $1100 to benefit the Lehigh Valley Summerbridge program!
We would like to thank all of the artists, fashion designers and models who participated; the student photographers led by Kalli Miller ’19; art work-study students; and all of the student and community volunteers who supported the event. A special thanks goes to NAHS student organization and leadership team (MacNair Randall, Katie Arnold, Courtney Zemsky, M. Zondag, Gaby Dee, Kim Sandborn, Charyl Deady, Dylan Deal, Manny Oudin, David Connors, Jarred Weaver); the Parent’s Association (C. DiRenzo, C. Joseph, Linda Schwartz, S. Hoke, and Wilson Hoke) for working to put the show together.
Student leaders behind the event included:
- Shaylan Patel ‘18: Head Director/Organizer
- Miracle Mitchell ’18 and Marcella Harvi ’19: Assistant Directors
- Drew Warner ‘18: Head of Seating
- Jack Dubreuil ‘18: DJ
- Deidre Hoffman ‘21: Advertising Head
- Angelica Kalsi ‘18 and Eve Freudenberger ‘18: Heads of Makeup
- Kalli Miller ‘19: Head of Photography
- Grayson Fedorov ‘18 and Neo Zambas ‘18: Heads of Tech
- Jon Riker ‘18: Host
- Lauren Ash ’18, Marcella Harvi ’19, and Angelica Kalsi ’18: NAHS Co-presidents
- Emma Lamberti ’20: Tiny Show Coordinator and Sophomore Representative
- Grace Sanborn ’21: Freshman Representative
- Lizzie Burke ’19: NAHS Treasurer