This week in Latin class, eighth-grade students walked the red carpet as Roman gods and goddesses in “Project Rome Way.”
Dressed in togas and holding props, students took turns presenting researched information about their chosen god/goddess in first-person to witty guest teacher and student judges. After hearing all of the presentations, the judges selected winners for different superlatives (Best Costume, Best Props, Best Overall, etc.).
A comical (and educational) time was had by all who participated!
Below is a list of the award winners, videos & pictures from each class event:
Purple Block: Class 1 (5/23)
- Best Characterization–Jay Jiang (Pluto)
- Best Costume–Nikki Chiaradia (Minerva)
- Best Props–Marina Falzone (Artemis) and Sophia Brands (Victoria)
- Best Info–Alexa Fegley (Asclepius)
- Best Overall–Katy Shnier (Flora)
Co-Curricular B: Class 2 (5/25)
Green Block: Class 3 (5/25)