On Friday, November 1, the Lower School will be celebrating Halloween with a non-uniform day!
We will also have our annual Halloween Parade through God’s Acre at 1:30 pm. PreK, K and Grade 1 will march in the parade, while Grades 2-5 will enjoy watching along the pathways. This year, we invite students in grades 2-5 to bring their costumes to school to put on before watching the parade. Costumes will be worn over regular clothes that they wear to school that day. Students are not required to wear costumes and will only put their costumes on for the parade and classroom parties. If students wish to wear a costume, please pack their costumes in a bag with all of the items labeled with their name.
We expect all costumes worn to be in line with our dress code and adhere to the following guidelines, which are shared with the Middle and Upper School. All costumes should maintain the integrity of our school dress code.
- Costumes may not mock another student, faculty member, race, gender, culture, heritage, and religious or lifestyle preference.
- Costume accessories that are deemed dangerous or similar to weaponry are not permitted.
- Costumes that are provocative, revealing or sexual in nature are not permitted.
- Do not wear masks or any item that will impede your vision or identity. Face painting should be minimal so that students’ faces are recognizable.
- Inflatable costumes are not permitted.
Following the parade, all homerooms will enjoy parties in their classrooms. Parents are invited to gather in the CE Auditorium for refreshments and a special Parent Session on one of Moravian’s Strategic Initiatives, “Reimagining the Schoolhouse.”
We look forward to celebrating Halloween with the children and many of you on campus next week!