Reading builds knowledge and expands our imaginations. Over the summer, Moravian Academy’s goal is to maintain the reading skills your children have attained during the school year and enhance their love of reading.
Second graders are expected to read one book and complete a report, while third to fifth graders are expected to read two books, one which requires a book report or project and one which will be discussed in class in the fall. In addition, students are asked to complete a summer reading chart to share their personal reading selections.
Books requiring a report or project are provided by the school. Please return these in the fall. We are also asking families to acquire a copy of the discussion book either online, through a local bookseller, or at a local public library.
- Rising 2nd Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Frog and Toad Are Friends/Sapo y Sepo Son Amigos (Arnold Lobel) – sent home with student, return in the fall
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Reading Assignment
- Suggested Early Elementary Reading List (Amazon list created for your convenience here)
- Suggested Intermediate Level Reading List (Amazon list created for your convenience here)
Parents, thank you for supporting your children on these reading journeys. Consider reading together; this is an excellent way to engage in meaningful, eye-opening conversations. Your children will learn about you, and you will learn about their growing skills and minds.
To view our Middle School and Upper School summer reading information, click on the buttons below: