Reading builds knowledge and expands our imaginations. Moravian Academy’s goal is to maintain the reading skills your children have attained during the school year and enhance their love of reading.
- Suggested Early Elementary Reading List (Amazon list created for your convenience here)
- Suggested Intermediate Level Reading List (Amazon list created for your convenience here)
Students in grades 2-5 have one book assigned by the classroom teacher. It will be given to them the last week of school. Students are asked to complete a book log and a book report or project to support their summer reading choices, and return these books the first day of school.
- Rising 2nd Grade Summer Reading Information
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Reading Information
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Reading Information
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Reading Information
Additionally, students in grades 3-5 have a second assigned read, A Handful of Stars (Cynthia Lord) on the theme of perseverance and overcoming challenges. This book will be given to students the last week of school and is a gift. Highlight, write in the margins or use Post-It notes to make it your own. A Handful of Stars will be a “shared read” so that it can be referenced in assemblies, chapel and homeroom conversations. On the same theme, an optional book for students in grades 4-6, is Project Mulberry.
Parents, thank you for supporting your children on these reading journeys. Consider reading together; this is an excellent way to engage in meaningful, eye-opening conversations. Your children will learn about you, and you will learn about their growing skills and minds.