Join the Parents’ Association for “What to Know- Mission Skills & Developmental Designs” on Wednesday, February 20th in the CE Auditorium (Downtown Campus).
Come learn about the Developmental Designs (DD) program and how to build partnerships between home and school that help students master the Moravian Academy Mission Skills: curiosity, perseverance, creativity, and empathy. Hosted by the Parents’ Association and Jeff Zemsky, Head of School, and featuring Roxanne Hable of Developmental Designs.
8:15 am – Session I – Lower School and DD Classrooms, including:
- What is “a first community circle?”
- The role of play and brain breaks in academic time.
- Helping students stay on the path to self-control.
9:15 am – Session II – Middle and Upper School and DD Advisories, including:
- What does an advisory meeting look like in DD?
- Seeing and meeting the developmental needs of adolescents.
- Creating environments that encourage students to exercise their own ideas, to persevere, and to be ambitious.