Dustin Goldfarb of Trinity Solar and science teacher Mr. Pomeroy combined forces to present a tremendous assembly last Friday.
Solar energy is used residentially, commercially in schools (including our Upper School) and in space!
Students learned sun facts, including:
- It takes light 8 minutes and 20 seconds to reach the earth.
- The sun emits photons which are converted into electrical energy.
- Solar energy has been helpful to Puerto Rico since hurricane Maria.
- Solar power can provide power to areas without electrical infostructures in third-world countries.
- Solar panels collect the sun’s energy even on cloudy days.
Mr. Goldfarb gifted a solar light to each student and teacher who attended the assembly. Enjoy the lights this spring and summer as they power up during the day, and light your lives by night.