Reading builds knowledge and expands our imaginations. Over the summer, Moravian Academy’s goal is to maintain the reading skills your children have attained during the school year and enhance their love of reading.
- Suggested Early Elementary Reading List (Amazon list created for your convenience here)
- Suggested Intermediate Level Reading List (Amazon list created for your convenience here)
Students in grade 2 will have one book assigned by the classroom teacher. Grades 3-5 will have one required reading and one discussion read assigned by the classroom teacher. Each student has received their summer reading packet, along with a copy of the required read to borrow over the summer. Students are asked to complete a book report or project to support their required reading. In addition, students are asked to complete a summer reading chart to share their personal reading selections. The discussion read books are available on Amazon (linked below) or at local retailers.
- Rising 3rd Grade Summer Reading Information
- Rising 4th Grade Summer Reading Information
- Rising 5th Grade Summer Reading Information
Parents, thank you for supporting your children on these reading journeys. Consider reading together; this is an excellent way to engage in meaningful, eye-opening conversations. Your children will learn about you, and you will learn about their growing skills and minds.