On May 1st, the Middle School and Upper School Strings Concert kicked off the Spring Concert Series in wonderful fashion. Musicians from grades ranging 6th to 12th came together to show that their tireless work ethic and talent are staples of the Moravian community.
While several of the Upper School String Orchestra’s significant artists will be graduating this year, there’s no doubt that the younger members of the community will step up in their absence.
“I think that there are a lot of underclassmen who are talented,” said senior Justine Dell. “And there will be a lot of middle schoolers coming up next year, so that’s really good.”
Ms. Chase Morrison, director of both the Middle and Upper School String Orchestra, is saddened by the loss of the seniors this year, as they’ve helped her settle into her new position, but is heartened by the potential shown in the underclassmen and the rising freshman and 8th graders.
The music department continues to be diligent in its mission to nurture the gift of music in students, and this was crystal clear in the pieces within this performance!
(Photo credit: Kalli Miller ’19)
Musicians across all divisions have been rosining their bows, playing the ivories, exercising their vocal chords, and pushing air through instruments preparing for weeks and months for their other spring concerts. There are many future opportunities to listen to some beautiful music across all campuses by our terrific musicians.
Upcoming concerts across all three divisions include:
- Tuesday, May 8: Lower School Choral Concert, 7:00 PM Central Moravian Church
- Friday, May 11: Strike Up The Bands Concert, 7:00 PM Dyer Auditorium
- Wednesday, May 16: Lower School Suzuki Strings Concert, 7:00 PM Foy Hall, Moravian College
- Thursday, May 17: Upper School Choral and Handbell Concert, 7:00 PM Dyer Auditorium
- Tuesday, May 22: Middle School Choral and Handbell Concert, 7:00 PM Dyer Auditorium